AnsweredAssumed Answered

Active Directory and RSA authentication

Question asked by kurtkbee on Apr 23, 2007
Hello All,
I decided to take the plunge and give a demo to management on using Alfresco for our document management needs (as well as other ECM needs).

I downloaded the latest code from HEAD and installed it under Tomcat 5.5 running on a Centos 4.4 linux server. My problem is that i want to tie this back to my windows AD system for users to be authenticated against. Can anyone point me to a way to do this ?

Also, i am wondering about something else related to authentication, that being the use of RSA securID [this is not very important now]. If i am authenticated on my desktop can i pass my RSA authentication token that i got when logging into my desktop to my Alfresco system to give me SSO functionality ?

Or maybe a better way to ask this is, has anyone done SSO with alfresco and/or used RSA securID to authenticate users ?

I think that if we tell the auditors that we have RSA based they will tend to accept this as a valid (verifiable) method of digital signatures. since currently user passwords are static and compromisable and document approval therefore cannot always be tied back to a specific user.

Outcomes