AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sending email notifications from the same e-mail account....

Question asked by duxtinto on Jul 25, 2008
Hi everyone,

i have an Alfresco Community 2.9b installed in a centos 5.1.

I'm trying to send email notifications to my users (their profiles are configured with the email accounts from another email sever, which uses smtp auth).

If i use the admin account, the email address of the message is alfresco@alfresco.org, and everything is working ok.

The problem happens when i try to send the notification from another account (the notification is sent with this user's email account), because of the smtp auth.

I enabled the smtp authentication (as you can see in this jira issue https://issues.alfresco.com/jira/browse/ALFCOM-1605), but the system give me the following error message.

08:42:29,722 ERROR [org.alfresco.web.bean.TemplateMailHelperBean] Failed to send email to hu.eee@xxx.com
org.springframework.mail.MailSendException; nested exception details (1) are:
Failed message 1:
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 <David.Hernando@xxx.com>, Authentication does not match this account

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueSendCommand(SMTPTransport.java:1275)
        at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:895)
        at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:524)
        at org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl.doSend(JavaMailSenderImpl.java:391)
        at org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl.send(JavaMailSenderImpl.java:335)
        at org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl.send(JavaMailSenderImpl.java:350)
        at org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl.send(JavaMailSenderImpl.java:339)
        at org.alfresco.web.bean.TemplateMailHelperBean.notifyUser(TemplateMailHelperBean.java:154)
        at org.alfresco.web.bean.users.EmailSpaceUsersDialog.finishImpl(EmailSpaceUsersDialog.java:155)
        at org.alfresco.web.bean.dialog.BaseDialogBean$1.execute(BaseDialogBean.java:119)
        at org.alfresco.web.bean.dialog.BaseDialogBean$1.execute(BaseDialogBean.java:116)
        at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:236)
        at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:166)
        at org.alfresco.web.bean.dialog.BaseDialogBean.finish(BaseDialogBean.java:125)
        at org.alfresco.web.bean.dialog.DialogManager.finish(DialogManager.java:531)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.apache.myfaces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke(MethodBindingImpl.java:132)
        at org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:61)
        at javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:109)
        at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot._broadcastForPhase(UIViewRoot.java:97)
        at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processApplication(UIViewRoot.java:171)
        at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.InvokeApplicationExecutor.execute(InvokeApplicationExecutor.java:32)
        at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.executePhase(LifecycleImpl.java:95)
        at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:70)
        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:139)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
        at org.alfresco.web.app.servlet.NTLMAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(NTLMAuthenticationFilter.java:329)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:210)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:870)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:685)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I suppose the alfresco server is sending the account information stored in repository.properties, which is not the account that sent the notification (David.Hernando).

For that reason, i'm wondering if it's possible to change some settings in the alfresco configuration, in order to send all the notification emails from the same account (alfresco@alfresco.com is ok), independently of the user logged in the system.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

David.

Outcomes