AnsweredAssumed Answered

FirstFoundation explanations

Question asked by chapeaurouge on Jul 25, 2008
Latest reply on Oct 23, 2008 by vibhutewary
Hi all,

Starting on extending a bit alfresco to fit our needs, We will create several thousands specific financial documents in batch, getting metadata from one place, and the actual doc from another, for easier archiving and searching.

Got a couple basic questions. I am using the Java Foundation API, tomcat v 6.0.16 on a gentoo 64bits machine, java 1.6 64 bits. Alfresco is 2.9B (683), schema 116. I am testing remotely using Eclipse.

- In the comment of the sample FirstFoundationClient.java in the SDK, it says: "Note: the web client will need to be re-started after executing this sample to see the changes in effect."
–> Does this mean I need to actually restart tomcat to see the changes? How else could I do it?

- Also, when restarting tomcat, I do have an error:
SEVERE: IOException while loading persisted sessions: java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: org.alfresco.web.ui.common.component.UIListItem
java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: org.alfresco.web.ui.common.component.UIListItem
   at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1333)
   at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:351)
   at java.util.ArrayList.readObject(ArrayList.java:593)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
       …….

The node then appears, but there is nothing in the document. I get this when trying to get to the document.

The node's content is missing: 
   node: workspace://SpacesStore/162cf781-5a4d-11dd-b732-114ffaf1c7ce
   reader: ContentAccessor[ contentUrl=store://2008/7/25/15/25/163d2424-5a4d-11dd-b732-114ffaf1c7ce.bin, mimetype=text/plain, size=0, encoding=UTF-8, locale=en_US] 
Please contact your system administrator.

I am currently looking mainly at the javadoc, going through the samples, but my java is rusty. Do you guys know of good tutorials? (Found one on ecmarchitect, quite good to get me started :))

Thanks all.

fred

Outcomes