AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco Search Portlet using Java Backed WebScript

Question asked by lblancher@bizxcel.com on Jul 30, 2008
Hello,
  I would like to make an Alfresco WebScript that will allow me to search Alfersco, I plan on exposing this WebScript as a Liferay portlet.  The problem is that within the WebScript I need to create a renderURL, I do not see how I can make a renderURL from within a Java Backed WebScript.  Would like to do something simple like

<form action="renderURL">
<input type="text" id="term" name="term" value="" />
<input type="submit" value="go" />
</form>

My web script would check to see if the "term" is empty, then the user gets the search form, if it is not, then the results are returned.  I have looked around at some of the code for the other portlets, and have noticed that they seam to rely mostly on Ajax for processing user input, i would like to keep to a KISS ideology for building my Alfresco search.  From some of the other Freemarker based webscripts, i have noticed that they use a ${url.XXXXX} for building links, is this url variable available in java backed web scripts?

I might be going in the wrong direction, is there any other way to expose an alfresco search as a portlet in Liferay?  I don't want to give my users full access to the Alfresco Client Portlet either.

Thanks,
Lucas

Outcomes