AnsweredAssumed Answered

CIFS Issues on W2K3

Question asked by vcardoso on May 14, 2007
Latest reply on May 15, 2007 by vcardoso
I apologize in advance for the noob question below:

I've installed Alfresco Community Server 2.0 on a W2K3 server which is on a network, but there is no domain. I'm using the default HSQL database.

I am unable to mount the Alfresco share from any remote computer. Interestingly enough, when I look at the link in the web browser to mount the alfresco share, it only lists <mycomputername>_ not <mycomputername>_A as seems to be documented elsewhere. I don't know if this is indicative of a problem or not.

I can mount the share from the server machine, although I am prompted with a login dialog. If I enter "admin" with a password of "admin" it opens the drive folder.

From any other computer, tho, I am unable to mount the folder. From a WinXP machine, if I click on the drive folder in IE 7, I get the response:

"Cannot find 'file://harorlipubd001_/Alfresco/Guest%20Home'.Make sure the path or Internet address is correct."

I've searched through the forum for help and have read many CIFS posts, but am unable to find any that address my specific issue.

Note that this is a clean install of Alfresco 2.0 and that I have not modified any permissions or anything on any folders. Is this a permission error?

If someone could offer some advice, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Thanks,

-victor

Outcomes