AnsweredAssumed Answered

Restarting tomcat: problem

Question asked by kirillka on May 23, 2007
Hi,

I have tomcat 5.5 and Alfresco community 2.0.0 running against Sybase 12.5.

Initial startup with clean db, clean data dir and clean tomcat work dir is fine. If I stop tomcat and start it up again I get the following exceptions (not that "…" signify lengthy stack trace).

11:56:08,972 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase] IOException while loading persisted sessions: java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; j
ava.io.NotSerializableException: org.alfresco.web.ui.common.component.UIListItem
java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: org.alfresco.web.ui.common.component.UIListItem

Caused by: java.io.NotSerializableException: org.alfresco.web.ui.common.component.UIListItem

11:56:08,993 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase] Exception loading sessions from persistent storage
java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: org.alfresco.web.ui.common.component.UIListItem

Caused by: java.io.NotSerializableException: org.alfresco.web.ui.common.component.UIListItem

I searched the forums and saw a suggestion from 2005 to remove the persistent sessions file. I assumed they meant {tomcat-home}/work/Catalina/localhost/dctm_alfresco_webapp/SESSIONS.ser. I renamed it and restarted tomcat. (Is there a better way to resolve this issue??)

At this point I got a different set of errors (see below).

11:57:07,700 WARN  [org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiRegistryFactoryBean] Could not detect RMI registry - creating new one
11:57:15,593 WARN  [org.alfresco.util.OpenOfficeConnectionTester] A connection to OpenOffice could not be established.
11:57:29,339 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: Schema auto-update failed

Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: could not get table metadata: JBPM_ACTION

Caused by: com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybSQLException: The 'CREATE TABLE' command is not allowed within a multi-statement transaction in the 'tempdb' database.

Could anyone please explain why alfresco (or is it hibernate? spring? jconnect?) trying to create a table inside a transaction in the tempdb database? And how do i get rid of it?

Thanks, kirill

Outcomes