AnsweredAssumed Answered

Labs 3.0 Beta CIFS issue

Question asked by ofrxnz on Aug 21, 2008
I recently began configuring an Alfresco Labs 3.0 Beta server authenticating against Active Direcotory.  So far NTLM and SSO work great for the Alfresco Web Client and WebDav.  When I began configuring CIFS, i quickly noticed that the share never seem to be created.  It does however, properly alias the server as <host name="<name>" domain="<domain>"/> so the server can be pinged/resolved using this arbitrary host name at the address of the server.  This always succeeds no matter what the <name> I set is.  Interestingly, this server never shows up in "My Network Places"

When Alfresco is running and share is created i run into three possible results when trying to manually navigate to the cifs component of Alfresco  using \\<name>\<share>

1.) server can not be found

2.) server provides login prompt but credentials always fail

3.) my computer says i do not have permission or a duplicate host exists on the network (which is not true)

Over time the result will change. 

Typically if results 2 or 3 occur, The Active Directory (AD) log shows that Alfresco attempted to connect to AD using the username defined in ldap-authentication.properties however says its password was incorrect even though the synchronization (which uses these credentials) completes successfully.

Any Ideas?  To me it feels like a bug in 3.0

I will occasionally receive the following error in the tomcat terminal after attempting to connect through CIFS

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.alfresco.jlan.util.IPAddress.asInteger(IPAddress.java:137)
        at org.alfresco.jlan.server.auth.CifsAuthenticator.mapClientAddressToDom
ain(CifsAuthenticator.java:1019)
        at org.alfresco.filesys.auth.cifs.AlfrescoCifsAuthenticator.getAuthConte
xt(AlfrescoCifsAuthenticator.java:305)
        at org.alfresco.jlan.server.auth.CifsAuthenticator.generateNegotiateResp
onse(CifsAuthenticator.java:424)
        at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.SMBSrvSession.procSMBNegotiate(SMBSrvSes
sion.java:1153)
        at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.SMBSrvSession.processPacket(SMBSrvSessio
n.java:1385)
        at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.nio.win32.AsyncWinsockCIFSThreadRequest.
runRequest(AsyncWinsockCIFSThreadRequest.java:104)
        at org.alfresco.jlan.server.thread.ThreadRequestPool$ThreadWorker.run(Th
readRequestPool.java:141)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

System
Windows Server 2k3 R2
Alfresco Labs 3.0 (full install version)
Auth = Windows 2k3 R2 Active Directory

I am using windows XP Pro SP2 as my client machine

Let me know if you would like some more details.

Thanks,

Adam

Outcomes