AnsweredAssumed Answered

remote virtualization server

Question asked by sbzoom on Jun 6, 2007
Latest reply on Aug 13, 2007 by sbzoom
I am trying to run the virtualization instance of Tomcat on a different server than the server that Alfresco is running on.  I thought this would be an extremely trivial task but I seem to be missing something.

I was hoping someone could point me to the few config files that I would need to change to get this all to work.

virt server:

<tomcat-home>/conf/alfresco-shared.properties
# Name of the host running AVM
#avm.remote.host=localhost
avm.remote.host=10.4.4.34

# AVMRemote API
avm.remote.port=50500

error log

WARNING: Could not connect to RMI service [rmi://10.4.4.34:50500/authentication] - retrying
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:294)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:432)
Caused by: org.springframework.remoting.RemoteConnectFailureException: Cannot connect to remote service [rmi://10.4.4.34:50500/authentication]; nested exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiClientInterceptorUtils.convertRmiAccessException(RmiClientInterceptorUtils.java:171)
        at org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiClientInterceptor.doInvoke(RmiClientInterceptor.java:297)
        at org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiClientInterceptor.refreshAndRetry(RmiClientInterceptor.java:280)
        at org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiClientInterceptor.handleRemoteConnectFailure(RmiClientInterceptor.java:252)
        at org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiClientInterceptor.invoke(RmiClientInterceptor.java:212)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:170)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:176)
        at $Proxy0.authenticate(Unknown Source)
        at org.alfresco.jndi.AVMFileDirContext.InitAVMRemote(AVMFileDirContext.java:277)
        at org.alfresco.catalina.host.AVMHost.init(AVMHost.java:325)
        at org.alfresco.catalina.host.AVMHost.start(AVMHost.java:500)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1013)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:442)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:709)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:551)
        … 6 more
Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:574)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:185)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:171)
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:94)
        at org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiInvocationWrapper_Stub.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiClientInterceptor.doInvoke(RmiClientInterceptor.java:347)
        at org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiClientInterceptor.doInvoke(RmiClientInterceptor.java:294)
        … 20 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:516)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:466)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:366)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:179)
        at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIDirectSocketFactory.java:22)
        at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIMasterSocketFactory.java:128)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:569)

I am certain I have the username and password correct.  Is there something I have to change?  I don't know if I'm being all that clear, sorry about that.

Charlie

Outcomes