AnsweredAssumed Answered

Search custom attributes.

Question asked by invantix on Jun 8, 2007
Latest reply on Feb 4, 2008 by killinchi
I was able to configure a custom aspect with several properties.  I added this aspect to a incoming rule on some spaces and everything works fine.  The properties appear ready to be filled in.

The reason I added these properties is so users can search for them.  For example there is a skid number attribute which can contain one or more skid numbers. 

Simple search does not look at any custom property.  It would be nice if it did. After all, we add them because we feel they are important attributes.

I followed the WIKI to add the properties to advanced search. They appear in the "Additional Options" panel but it uses an exact search.  I can get it to work if I surround the skid number with asterisks like *SK102541* but that is an additional thing to teach people.  It would be nice it the search on an attribute was “contains” instead of “exact”

It would be great if we could configure simple search to include searching of all custom attributes.  Including custom attributes in simple search seems like an important feature that would greatly increase the usability of this product.

Does anyone agree or disagree?  What needs to happen to change this?

Regards

Outcomes