AnsweredAssumed Answered

Content is getting archived

Question asked by dharmapurikar on Sep 9, 2008
Hi All:
I am unable to understand the behaviour of the Alfresco content repository archiving. I am using Alfresco to store the content generated in a process – Major steps are
1.   Upload Word Document
2.   Generate HTML of the uploaded word doc etc.

We have some conventions already defined for the naming of uploaded word file and the folder which stores the additional files (HTML and supported images). There are couple of webscripts which are invoked once the upload is successful to the repository. I am getting following exception while executing the webscript:
associate-additional-documents.get.js': Wrapped org.alfresco.service.cmr.repository.InvalidNodeRefException: Node does not exist: workspace://SpacesStore/d585ef28-7e2f-11dd-b5fa-83718c9cdcf3 (AlfrescoScript#8)
   <tr><td>     
   <tr><td><b>Exception:</b><td>org.alfresco.service.cmr.repository.InvalidNodeRefException - Node does not exist: workspace://SpacesStore/d585ef28-7e2f-11dd-b5fa-83718c9cdcf3
   <tr><td><td> 
  <tr><td><td>org.alfresco.repo.node.db.DbNodeServiceImpl.getNodeNotNull(DbNodeServiceImpl.java:131)
    <tr><td><td>org.alfresco.repo.node.db.DbNodeServiceImpl.getProperty(DbNodeServiceImpl.java:930)
         <tr><td><td>sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor116.invoke(Unknown Source)
    <tr><td><td>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
         <tr><td><td>java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
  <tr><td><td>org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:281)

When I try to see the node reference, I find the node in archive store and not in the workspace. I am not able to understand why alfresco immediately archives the nodes which are generated. Any help? Does this happen because the HTML generated everytime deletes the existing folder and creates a new folder. This causes alfresco to not delete but archive the data? How I should delete and purge the data so that those references / associations won't create any problem?

For reference, following is the property sheet for the folder which is archived. If you notice the creation date and archived date those are almost immediate. Can I turn of archiving? What is impact of that?

=================================================================================
Properties
=================================================================================
Name                  Value
name                  AML_633565545106158002.doc_files
——————————————————————————————————————
node-dbid               1516525
store-identifier         SpacesStore
archivedOriginalOwner      dharams
archivedBy               dharams
archivedDate            Tue Sep 09 13:26:31 HKT 2008
owner                  dharams
node-uuid               d585ef28-7e2f-11dd-b5fa-83718c9cdcf3
creator               dharams
modifier               dharams
archivedOriginalParentAssoc   workspace://SpacesStore/b5a2031e-3930-11dd-871f-65d8a10d7720|workspace://SpacesStore/d585ef28-7e2f-11dd-b5fa-83718c9cdcf3| contains| contains|true|2147483647
versionLabel            1.0
autoVersion            true
modified               Tue Sep 09 13:26:32 HKT 2008
created               Tue Sep 09 13:26:31 HKT 2008
store-protocol            archive
initialVersion            true