AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco 3.0.0 (b1164) labs problem with Versioning [SOLVED]

Question asked by unknown-user on Sep 23, 2008
Latest reply on Apr 17, 2009 by lestat
I have installed Alfresco 3 labs on a Debian Linux VM box. It works great, but I have one funny problem that stays after several installations.

Every time I upload a document and choose ‘Modify all properties when this page closes’ and go on to the  page ‘Modify Content Properties’ and press ‘OK’ I later on have a problem activating Versioning and get the errors posted.

If I don’t press ‘OK’ on the page ‘Modify Content Properties’ or choose to skip ‘Modify all properties when this page closes’ I have no problem activating Versioning.  :?:

NB:
    This is also a problem in the Windows version.
    I tried on both the VmWare ESX server and bare metal, both have the problem.
    The version of Alfresco 3.0 labs from july month have no problem with Versioning.
From the web browser:
javax.faces.FacesException: Cannot get value for expression '#{DialogManager.bean.versionHistory}'
caused by:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot get value for expression '#{DialogManager.bean.versionHistory}'
caused by:
javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: Cannot get value for expression '#{DialogManager.bean.versionHistory}'
caused by:
javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: Exception getting value of property versionHistory of base of type : org.alfresco.web.bean.content.DocumentDetailsDialog
caused by:
javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: Bean: org.alfresco.web.bean.content.DocumentDetailsDialog, property: versionHistory
caused by:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
caused by:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.alfresco.service.cmr.repository.MLText cannot be cast to java.lang.String

From alfresco.log file:
17:33:18,588 INFO  [org.alfresco.service.descriptor.DescriptorService] Alfresco JVM - v1.6.0_07-b06; maximum heap size 1012.625MB
17:33:18,589 INFO  [org.alfresco.service.descriptor.DescriptorService] Alfresco started (Labs): Current version 3.0.0 (b 1164) schema 131 - Installed ver$
17:36:14,087 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/alfresco].[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception java.lang.ClassCastException: org.alfresco.service.cmr.repository.MLText cannot be cast to java.lang.String  at org.alfresco.repo.version.common.VersionImpl.getDescription(VersionImpl.java:148) at org.alfresco.web.bean.content.DocumentDetailsDialog.getVersionHistory(DocumentDetailsDialog.java:279)        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)  at org.apache.myfaces.el.PropertyResolverImpl.getProperty(PropertyResolverImpl.java:457)  at org.apache.myfaces.el.PropertyResolverImpl.getValue(PropertyResolverImpl.java:85)

Outcomes