AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I select a row from a richList?

Question asked by d.segato on Sep 25, 2008
Latest reply on Aug 17, 2009 by compaqnx7300
hi there,
sorry if this is not the correct forum section to ask this but I didn't find one really suited.

I need to create a custom jsp within alfresco and i need to have a richList that allow me to select one or more row.

I have a List<Map<String,Object>> in my bean that get mapped by the var="r" of the alfresco richList.

one object of the map has key "selected" and is of type Boolean.

I've tried inserting a column with a checkbox and binding it to the value of the map. here an extract of code:
<a:richList id="locks-list" binding="#{LockManagerOpen.locksRichList}" viewMode="details" pageSize="#{LockManagerOpen.pageSizeLocks}" styleClass="recordSet" headerStyleClass="recordSetHeader" rowStyleClass="recordSetRow" 
         altRowStyleClass="recordSetRowAlt" width="100%" value="#{LockManagerOpen.locks}" var="r" refreshOnBind="true">

<%– Selector –%>
                           <a:column id="col69" width="15" style="text-align:center">
      <f:facet name="header">
         <h:outputLabel id="col69-label" value="#{whiSkyMsg['skyit.locksystem.deletelock']}"/>
      </f:facet>
      <h:selectBooleanCheckbox id="col69-check" binding="#{r.selected}"/>
   </a:column>

<a:column id="col10" primary="true" width="250" style="padding:2px;text-align:left">
      <f:facet name="header">
         <a:sortLink id="col10-sort" label="#{msg.path}" value="path" mode="case-insensitive" styleClass="header" />
      </f:facet>
      <h:outputText id="col10-txt" value="#{r.path}" />
   </a:column>
</a:richList>

the selectBooleanCheckbox binding to #{r.selected} isn't resolved… I've debugged the code and it can't resolve "r"

this is the error I get when trying to load that JSP:
javax.faces.FacesException: Exception in JSP: /jsp/wcm/browse-locks.jsp:214

211: <f:facet name="header">
212: <h:outputLabel id="col69-label" value="#{whiSkyMsg['skyit.locksystem.deletelock']}"/>
213: </f:facet>
214: <h:selectBooleanCheckbox id="col69-check" binding="#{r.selected}"/>
215: </a:column>
216:
217: <%– Path del lock –%>

Stacktrace:
caused by:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Exception in JSP: /jsp/wcm/browse-locks.jsp:214

211: <f:facet name="header">
212: <h:outputLabel id="col69-label" value="#{whiSkyMsg['skyit.locksystem.deletelock']}"/>
213: </f:facet>
214: <h:selectBooleanCheckbox id="col69-check" binding="#{r.selected}"/>
215: </a:column>
216:
217: <%– Path del lock –%>

Stacktrace:
caused by:
javax.faces.el.PropertyNotFoundException: Base is null: r

stack trace doesn't help…
I can tell you that it try to resolve the Base "r" with org.alfresco.web.app.AlfrescoVariableResolver and it doesn't succeed

Am I doing anything wrong?

Is there another way to select rows from the list?

Or is my only option trying to merge a:selectList with a:richList ?

Regards,
Daniele

Outcomes