AnsweredAssumed Answered

Action executer class not working for content in spaces

Question asked by mikeuk on Sep 30, 2008
Latest reply on Sep 30, 2008 by mikeuk
I'm trying to customise Alfresco so when a file is updated/added which can be versioned, it changes it's filename to include its version and then changes all other references to it in other files.

I'm new to Alfresco and been learning the in's and out's of it.

I've created an action executer class which extends ActionExecuterAbstractBase, with setting up a rule(s) that make it get executed when content is inbound, updated etc.

I can get the rule to execute for the content updated in the Content Items part of the Alfresco (i.e. Company Home > Web Projects -> Content Items at bottom of screen), however, as I understand, and as I have, I have content that is added to a web project i.e. under Company Home > Web Projects -> Browse Spaces… -> Local Apache Site. When I update the content through going to Company Home > Web Projects -> Browse Spaces… -> Local Apache Site and go to my sandbox, browse website, and then update the content this way (Note none of this content is in Company Home > Web Projects -> Content Items at bottom of screen), the action executer class doesn't get called, even if I submit the updated content to the staging sandbox.

Is this the known behaviour or what am I doing wrong? My thinking was it would get called. I'm lost in seeing how I could change the functionality of alfresco easily, so I do get triggered when something to updated/added to a web project space. Ideas on the best approach?

Thanks

Mike

Outcomes