AnsweredAssumed Answered

login failed -- labs 3b on RHEL 5 - help please

Question asked by cyclonez on Oct 10, 2008
Latest reply on Feb 15, 2009 by urshah
I am trying to evaluate alfresco document management.  I downloaded the 3b installer and ran it, then ran the db_setup.sql file to do the mysql grants.  I started up the server using alf_start.sh and gave it a minute to initialize.  I pulled up http://localhost:8080/share
and tried to login as admin/admin but I get the message "The remote server may be unavailable or your authentication details have not been recognised."

I'm not sure if I've gotten everything set up correctly; I'm new to this product and the documentation is a bit sparse.  Here's the alfresco error log; note that no new errors come up in the log when I (unsucessfully) try to log in.

# grep error alfresco.log
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiServiceExporter' defined in class path resource [alfresco/emailserver/email-service-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.rmi.server.ExportException: internal error: ObjID already in use
Caused by: java.rmi.server.ExportException: internal error: ObjID already in use
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiServiceExporter' defined in class path resource [alfresco/emailserver/email-service-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.rmi.server.ExportException: internal error: ObjID already in use
Caused by: java.rmi.server.ExportException: internal error: ObjID already in use

Any help would be greatly appreciate.  I need to get this going ASAP for evaluation and possible enterprise version purchase.

Thanks,

Chris

Outcomes