AnsweredAssumed Answered

AlfrescoLabs 3 does not work with AD/Kerberos

Question asked by ddenev on Oct 14, 2008
Latest reply on Jan 13, 2009 by meansartin14
Hi,

It's been a week already since I started trying to run Alfresco v3 with AD/Kerberos. I followed to the letter the instructions on http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Configuring_the_CIFS_and_web_servers_for_Kerberos/AD_integration but had no luck. After the modifications Alfresco starts just fine but when I try to login via Internet Explorer with Administrator@<MYDOMAIN> it throws this:
19:21:12,825 User:guest ERROR [[localhost].[/alfresco].[Faces Servlet]] Servlet.service() for servlet Faces Servlet threw exception java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: End of data buffer
        at org.alfresco.jlan.server.auth.asn.DERBuffer.unpackBytes(DERBuffer.java:195)
        at org.alfresco.jlan.server.auth.asn.DERApplicationSpecific.derDecode(DERApplicationSpecific.java:95)
        at org.alfresco.jlan.server.auth.asn.DERBuffer.unpackObject(DERBuffer.java:369)
        at org.alfresco.jlan.server.auth.asn.DERBuffer.unpackApplicationSpecific(DERBuffer.java:759)
        at org.alfresco.jlan.server.auth.spnego.NegTokenInit.decode(NegTokenInit.java:191)
        at org.alfresco.web.app.servlet.KerberosAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(KerberosAuthenticationFilter.java:581)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:210)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:870)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:685)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I have Windows 2003 R2 with SP2 with AD and AlfrescoLabs 3 (the build from 01.10.2008).

Please help. From the experience I had with Alfresco until now, it feels not very stable and I don't think it is ready for production. This bug has been reported several times and no solution has been given by the team so far. Very sad.

Thank you and best regards

Outcomes