AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco fails to start with oracle express

Question asked by slioch on Oct 26, 2008
Latest reply on Oct 27, 2008 by slioch
Hello,

Great product. I'm trying to get Alfresco to work with oracle express 10g. I've followed the wiki directions and made the following changes to the standard installation:

[custom-repository.properties]
hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect

[custom-repository.properties]
db.username=alfresco
db.password=alfresco
db.pool.initial=10
db.pool.max=100
db.driver=oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
db.name=xe
db.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:xe

Copied the jdbc drivers (ojdbc14_g.jar) to c:\alfresco\tomcat\common\lib\.

And when I restart alfresco–I get a load of errors (starting with the following stack trace):

INFO: XML validation disabled
Oct 25, 2008 6:16:35 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive alfresco.war
18:17:40,656  INFO  [config.xml.XMLConfigService$PropertyConfigurer] Loading pro
perties file from class path resource [alfresco/file-servers.properties]
18:18:02,765  INFO  [domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] Schema managed by database d
ialect org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect.
18:20:29,093  ERROR [domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] Schema auto-update failed
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: A previous schema upgrade failed or
was not completed.  Revert to the original database before attempting the upgra
de again.
        at org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap.onBootstrap(SchemaBoo
tstrap.java:1019)
        at org.alfresco.util.AbstractLifecycleBean.onApplicationEvent(AbstractLi
fecycleBean.java:62)
        at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster$1
.run(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:77)
        at org.springframework.core.task.SyncTaskExecutor.execute(SyncTaskExecut
or.java:49)
        at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.m
ulticastEvent(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:75)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.publis
hEvent(AbstractApplicationContext.java:246)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refres
h(AbstractApplicationContext.java:355)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationCon
text(ContextLoader.java:244)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationConte
xt(ContextLoader.java:187)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitiali
zed(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContex
t.java:3764)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4
216)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase
.java:760)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:74
0)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:544)

Any help would be greatly appreciated to let me know what I can try to get this to work. Thanks all!

mike

Outcomes