AnsweredAssumed Answered

Installation of SVN

Question asked by slothrop on Jul 25, 2007
Latest reply on Jul 27, 2007 by slothrop
I downloaded Subversion, MySQL v5.0, Ant 1.7, 2 copies of Tomcat 5.5 and used svn to download the sourcecode for Alfresco 2.1 into WIndows XP.  Following the wiki I was able to successfully build the code but I am unsure as to what to do next.

When I try to start the server using the alf_start.bat file in C:\Alfresco\root\projects\installer directory, it fails because there is no alfresco.bat file in C:\Alfresco.  There are copies of alfresco.bat in C:\Alfresco\root\projects\installer\installjammer, C:\Alfresco\root\projects\installer\tomcat and C:\Alfresco\root\projects\installer\bitrock\bin but I doubt it would do any goood to just move one of these into C:\Alfresco.

I suspect that there is an entire installation or deployment step or steps that I have failed to do but I am not certain what exactly these might be.  I have read the README_mysql file and carried out the instructions but don't know what to do about the instructions in the README_war file.  I have 2 copies of alfresco.war, one in C:\Alfresco\root\projects\web-client\build\dist and another in C:\Alfresco\root\projects\3rd-party\distro\Tomcat 5.5\webapps.  But again I have been unable to figure out what to do with them.

Outcomes