AnsweredAssumed Answered

System content not found in content store.

Question asked by mogarick on Jul 26, 2007
Latest reply on Aug 3, 2007 by simonfan
Hi,

I'm having problems deploying alfresco for the first time but I'm not sure what to do.

I have some newbie dudes:

In the URL http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Repository_Configuration#New_Installations

It says:

Locate the distribution's extension configuration files and samples (here) and remove the .sample extensions:

* <extensionRoot>/alfresco/extension/custom-repository-context.xml.sample
          o This ensures that the properties overrides from the files below are pulled into the server.
    * <extensionRoot>/alfresco/extension/custom-repository.properties.sample
          o Choose a root location for the storage of content binaries and index files.
          o Adjust properties here to change the database connection details.
          o Pay attention to the choice of JDBC driver used with each connection type.
    * <extensionRoot>/alfresco/extension/custom-hibernate-dialect.properties.sample
          o Choose a Hibernate schema most appropriate to your database (Hibernate Dialects).

I did it for tomcat. This files are now on my <TOMCAT_HOME>/share/classes and I removed the .sample extension

My dude is if I need to edit something in the custom-repository-context.xml because it looks everything points to classpath relative URLs. For example:

<!– overriding to point to custom properties –>
    <bean id="repository-properties" class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer">
        <property name="ignoreUnresolvablePlaceholders">
            <value>true</value>
        </property>
        <property name="locations">
            <list>
                <value>classpath:alfresco/repository.properties</value>
                <value>classpath:alfresco/version.properties</value>
                <value>classpath:alfresco/domain/transaction.properties</value>

<!– Override basic repository properties –>
                <value>classpath:alfresco/extension/custom-repository.properties</value>

</list>
        </property>
    </bean>

I didn't touch this file but the custom.repository.properties and changed the necesary lines to indicate the root location for the storage of content binaries and index files:

dir.root=/srv/alfresco/data
(The place I want to store the data on my server)

and also uncommented the database connection info for MySQL:

db.driver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
db.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/alfresco
(I put the MySQL driver into <TOMCAT_HOME>/common/lib. The driver jar is mysql-connector-java-5.0.7-bin.jar)

I edited the custom-hibernate-dialect.properties file too. I uncomented the MySQL line:

hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLInnoDBDialect

Then I executed the db_setup.sql script. It created the alfresco users and an empty DB (Is this correct? If so when does Alfresco build the complete schema?)

After doing all this I copied the alfresco.war to <TOMCAT_HOME>/webapps

Then I started the server. after that the context couldn't be initialized. I looked for the alfresco.log and found the next:

11:35:48,427 WARN  [org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiRegistryFactoryBean] Could not detect RMI registry - creating new one
11:35:49,593 WARN  [org.alfresco.util.OpenOfficeConnectionTester] A connection to OpenOffice could not be established.
11:35:51,856 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] Schema managed by database dialect org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLInnoDBDialect.
11:35:52,429 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] No changes were made to the schema.
11:35:53,821 WARN  [org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker] The Alfresco 'dir.root' property is set to a relative path './alf_data'.  'dir.root' should be overridden to point to a specific folder.
11:35:53,821 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker] The Alfresco root data directory ('dir.root') is: ./alf_data
11:35:53,886 ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker] CONTENT INTEGRITY ERROR: Indexes not found for 5 stores.
11:35:53,887 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker] You may set 'index.recovery.mode=FULL' if you need to rebuild the indexes.
11:35:53,887 ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker] CONTENT INTEGRITY ERROR: System content not found in content store.
11:35:53,887 ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker] Ensure that the 'dir.root' property is pointing to the correct data location.
11:35:53,891 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: Ensure that the 'dir.root' property is pointing to the correct data location.

(The rest was ommited as I didn't consider important to post all the stack trace)

I also noticed that even when the webapp didn't started, during the deploying process the directory <TOMCAT_HOME>/bin/alf_data with some subdirectories was created.

I don't have a clue how I can solve this. I'm total noob on alfresco. :oops:

I'll apreciate any help.

Outcomes