AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help!! Alfresco crashes with 'Can't find bundle...' message.

Question asked by stickman on Nov 3, 2008
Latest reply on Nov 3, 2008 by monitloth
I had a somewhat working Alfresco Labs installation that right now is in crazy mode.
It was working fine, added my own workflow definitions and it worked, even tested a couple of them and finished ok.

Now, I have no idea why, but it won't load.

It fails with the following message:

java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name alfresco/workflow/workflow-messages, locale es_ES
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:1521)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:1260)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:787)
        at org.alfresco.i18n.I18NUtil.getLocaleProperties(I18NUtil.java:427)
        at org.alfresco.i18n.I18NUtil.getMessage(I18NUtil.java:311)
        at org.alfresco.i18n.I18NUtil.getMessage(I18NUtil.java:341)
        at org.alfresco.i18n.I18NUtil.getMessage(I18NUtil.java:328)
        at org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException.resolveMessage(AlfrescoRuntimeException.java:113)
        at org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException.<init>(AlfrescoRuntimeException.java:86)
        at org.alfresco.repo.node.index.AbstractReindexComponent.reindex(AbstractReindexComponent.java:267)
        at org.alfresco.repo.node.index.IndexRecoveryBootstrapBean.onBootstrap(IndexRecoveryBootstrapBean.java:35)
        at org.alfresco.util.AbstractLifecycleBean.onApplicationEvent(AbstractLifecycleBean.java:62)
        at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster$1.run(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:77)
        at org.springframework.core.task.SyncTaskExecutor.execute(SyncTaskExecutor.java:49)
        at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.multicastEvent(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:75)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.publishEvent(AbstractApplicationContext.java:246)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:355)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:244)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:187)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3764)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4216)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:760)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:740)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:544)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:825)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:714)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:490)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1138)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:311)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:120)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1022)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:736)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1014)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)

I have no idea why it started to ask for that language file, but it does, so I tried to add the resource bundle in (it just a copy of the default locale file):

./tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/workflow/workflow-messages_es_ES.properties
./tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/workflow/workflow-messages.properties
./tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/messages/workflow-messages_es_ES.properties

but it doesn't work.

I don't have the es_ES language enabled anywhere and the only place in the DB where there's a reference to the locale is in the alf_node_properties table, as there is some entries with the string_value field filled with, for example:

contentUrl=store://2008/10/6/19/14/525bd0ff-316b-411b-a530-5d62059e1e43.bin|mimetype=text/plain|size=968|encoding=UTF-8|locale=es_ES_

I don't know if that makes sense for anyone, but please, if you have any ideas report back as soon as possible. This system was almost in production and I need it badly to come back online ASAP.

Outcomes