AnsweredAssumed Answered

2.1.0 file server deployment connection problem

Question asked by decentrix on Jul 30, 2007
I'm using alfresco version 2.1.0 (R2-dev 458) schema 63.
I'm trying to deploy (for the first time) a project to a deployment receiver.
User and password is the default. Port is the default 44100.

Deployment receiver was configured via readme and starts up fine with:

Jul 30, 2007 4:14:01 PM org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiServiceExporter prepare
INFO: Binding service 'deployment' to RMI registry: RegistryImpl[UnicastServerRef [liveRef: [endpoint:[127.0.0.1:44100](local),objID:[0:0:0, 0]]]]

Netstat shows:
tcp        0      0 :::44100                    :::*                        LISTEN

Upon deployment attempt, i see in the log:

Reason: Cannot connect to remote service [rmi://x.x.x.x:44100/deployment]; nested exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

Details
org.springframework.remoting.RemoteConnectFailureException: Cannot connect to remote service [rmi://x.x.x.x:44100/deployment]; nested exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:601) at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:198) at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:184) at

tcpdump on both machines shows about 30 packets flowing back and forth between the machines on the rmi port.

Would appreciate help on how to solve this problem or where to look for more debugging information.

Thanx,

-Tony

Outcomes