AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error in installing alfresco on websphere with DB2 as databa

Question asked by harpreet on Nov 10, 2008
hi all,

i am a new user of alfresco. I am using alfresco for content management for our already existing application. Unfortunately my existing application uses websphere as server and DB2 database  :cry: both of which are not supported by alfresco. i have deployed the alfresco war on websphere and did all the setting for DB2 also which were mentioned in the documentation provided on alfresco wiki. but when i start the server, i am getting the following error  :cry: 

java.io.IOException: Could not find resource alfresco/activities/org.hibernate.dialect.DB2Dialect/ActivityPost.xml
   at com.ibatis.common.resources.Resources.getResourceAsStream(Resources.java:108)
   at com.ibatis.common.resources.Resources.getResourceAsStream(Resources.java:93)
   at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.builder.xml.SqlMapConfigParser$11.process(SqlMapConfigParser.java:383)
   at com.ibatis.common.xml.NodeletParser.processNodelet(NodeletParser.java:121)

when i tried to debug for the issue, what i found is that for Oracle and SQl server and other databases which are supported by alfresco, has folders present with the names of respective dialects instead of dialect classes and those folders have three xml files which are having references for iBatis. So, it means alfresco is making use of iBatis. Now as mentioned in the wiki documentation i had specified
hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.DB2Dialect in custom-hibernate-dialect.properties file. but alfresco expects those three activity xml files inside some folder named like this which are not present. So please let me know where else i should make changes or what exactly needs to be done to correct this?
and another question is what other issues can come (or people already faced) while using DB2?

Thanks in advance,
harpreet

Outcomes