AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using the Office Add-In Search and customizing it

Question asked by abirb on Nov 11, 2008
Latest reply on Nov 11, 2008 by abirb
I am trying to use the Office Add-In search as a sample and able to customize it according to my requirements. The problem I wanted to set the authentication to 'none' , but it gives an error as  500 error as  'companyhome' is not initialised .

The .desc.xml is something like
<webscript>
  <shortname>CCIL Document Search (Month Wise)</shortname>
  <description>Generate the CCIL Add-In Search page (Month Wise)</description>
  <url>/abc/abcMonthSearch?p={path?}</url>
  <authentication>none</authentication>
  <transaction>required</transaction>
</webscript>

When I make the <authentication> as 'user' it asks for a valid uid /pwd (which is OK , but I do not want that)

And the snippet of .ftl file is something like

<#if args.p?exists><#assign path=args.p><#else><#assign path=""></#if>
<#if args.n?exists><#assign node=args.n><#else><#assign node=companyhome></#if>
<#if args.e?exists><#assign extn=args.e><#else><#assign extn="doc"></#if><#assign extnx=extn+"x">
<#if args.n?exists><#assign nav=args.n><#else><#assign nav=""></#if>

<#if (args.maxresults?exists)><#assign maxResults=args.maxresults><#else><#assign maxResults="5"></#if>
<#if (args.month1?exists)><#assign month1=args.month1><#else><#assign month1=""></#if>
<#if (args.year1?exists)><#assign year1=args.year1><#else><#assign year1="2008"></#if>

<#if (args.catg?exists)><#assign catg=args.catg><#else><#assign catg=""></#if>
<#assign defaultQuery="?p=" + path?url + "&e=" + extn + "&n=" + nav>
<#assign searchCommand="OfficeSearch.runSearch('${url.serviceContext}/abc/abcMonthSearchResults', '${defaultQuery}'" >
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html>
<head>
   <title>CCIL Month wise Search</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="${url.context}/css/monthSearch.css" />
<!–[if IE 6]>
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="${url.context}/css/monthSearch_ie6.css" />
<![endif]–>
   <script type="text/javascript" src="${url.context}/scripts/ajax/mootools.v1.11.js"></script>
   <script type="text/javascript" src="${url.context}/scripts/office/office_addin.js"></script>
   <script type="text/javascript" src="${url.context}/scripts/office/abc_monthsearch.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[
      OfficeAddin.defaultQuery = '${defaultQuery}';
   //]]></script>
</head>

And the error is something like(if I set the authentication as none) :

500 Description: An error inside the HTTP server which prevented it from fulfilling the request. 

Message: Error during processing of the template 'Error on line 2, column 48 in abcMonthSearch.get.html.ftl companyhome is undefined. It cannot be assigned to node'. Please contact your system administrator. 

Exception: freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException - Error on line 2, column 48 in abcLMonthSearch.get.html.ftl companyhome is undefined. It cannot be assigned to node

Any help or Pointers are welcome ..

Outcomes