AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems with the Share Environment

Question asked by tbuehrer on Nov 26, 2008
Latest reply on Dec 6, 2008 by ofrxnz
We have been testing Alfresco Labs 3.0b for a while and have run up against a few issues:

1)  Somehow the attributes of one of our sites is either missing or corrupt and now we cannot search on sites.  Is there any way to examine the site data, I presume somewhere in the repository, to find the problem and fix it?

2)  On one of our sites, the one can create wiki pages but one cannot save changes to existing wiki pages.  Is this a known problem?

3)  The RSS reader does not want to process items like a google news fee that includes a url formed like news.google.com/news?q=asean&output=rss.  Interestingly, I can't seem to get it to process even the URLs for the alfresco wiki.

4)  The rss feed does not seem to work reliably.  When I put the url for the rss feed of a wiki into an rss reader other than the browser that is currently connected to the web site, it does not work, or at least I have not configured it all properly.

5)  I tried following the instructions for changing the from address for emails from the system, modifying the web-client-config-custom.xml file to take out the   <!– and then –> around the email name line and putting in my email address.  I then rebooted the system.  But the emails still don't come from me.

6)  I still can't get anything to function properly on sharepoint services.  Is there some magic wand or something that one has to waive to make it work?  Is this a vista problem?  Do I need the office integration files to make this work even on xp?

Thanks for any and all help you can provide.

Tim

Outcomes