AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with accessing CFIS share from windows

Question asked by aaroe on Nov 26, 2008
Latest reply on Mar 20, 2009 by luxoliver
Hi there,

We're currently in the process of trying out Alfresco at my workplace to replace the small SharePoint we have going now which no one uses anyways.
I'm in the process of getting some basic configuration done to make it possible to let a few users lose on the thing and let them have their way with it and test it out. I'm managed to get an instance of AlfrescoLabs3 running on one of our Debian test servers and made check user credentials up against our ActiveDirectory. I'm currently trying to get the network share to work properly but it's not going as I'd like it to.

I had a look at the wiki and didn't really get much from that, so I tried to take what I could get and make the best use of it.

I copied the config block regarding CIFS from file-servers.xml and copied it into file-servers-custom.xml and changed the authentication block to:

<authenticator type="passthru">
    <Server>[b]DNS NAME OF OUR DOMAINCONTROLLER[/b]</Server>
</authenticator>

I've assumed that the server told to link to on the wiki is our domain controller holding our ActiveDirectory with users. I then assumed that users should be able to log on to the share with the same AD credentials they use to log on to Alfresco with.

When trying to map the drive from one of our windows clients with \\10.0.1.20\alfresco (where 10.0.1.20 ofcourse is the ip of the server running Alfresco) I get prompted for username and logon but fail to login with my username and password. And yes, I've also tried with DOMAIN\username and so on. Nothing seems to work. I'd hoped that there would be some kind of debug information to follow in the /tomcat/logs/ dir but no errors seems to be triggered which leaves me a bit hopeless :/

…and this is where you guys come into the picture. I'm hoping that someone out there might be able to help me out of this pinch. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Christian Rasmussen

Outcomes