AnsweredAssumed Answered

browse.jsp - Cannot retrieve current Node if NodeId is null!

Question asked by stk137 on Sep 6, 2007
Latest reply on Sep 13, 2007 by stk137
I have a problem where if a user go directly to browse.jsp when starting errors are thrown because the there's no current Node.

I am using JOSSO with an auth filter patterned after
NovellIChainsHTTPRequestAuthenticationFilter
http://forums.alfresco.com/viewtopic.php?t=8307&highlight=
(and guest access is not allowed)

I think that is somehow relevant as it doesn't happen with the standard auth filter from what I can tell.

What can I do to handle this?  Should something be added to my auth filter (and NovellIChainsHTTPRequestAuthenticationFilter)?  Or where can I make a change to handle this?

I'd like for users to be directed to My Dashboard in such a case (no current node yet), which is what would happen if they went to /alfresco/ instead of browse.jsp.

here's a more complete error:

javax.faces.FacesException: Cannot get value for expression '/images/icons/#{NavigationBean.nodeProperties.icon}.gif'
caused by:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot get value for expression '/images/icons/#{NavigationBean.nodeProperties.icon}.gif'
caused by:
javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: Cannot get value for expression '/images/icons/#{NavigationBean.nodeProperties.icon}.gif'
caused by:
javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: Exception getting value of property nodeProperties of base of type : org.alfresco.web.bean.NavigationBean
caused by:
javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: Bean: org.alfresco.web.bean.NavigationBean, property: nodeProperties
caused by:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
caused by:
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: Cannot retrieve current Node if NodeId is null!

Outcomes