AnsweredAssumed Answered

AlfrescoLabs 3c fails in ADMLuceneIndexerImpl [SOLVED]

Question asked by samuel.penn on Dec 18, 2008
Latest reply on Jan 10, 2009 by samuel.penn
Hi all,

I've downloaded and installed the WAR version of Alfrescolabs 3c, and have tried installing it in Tomcat 5, running on Gentoo Linux with JDK 1.5, but I'm having some problems.

On startup for the first time, I get the following errors:

16:30:02,853  ERROR [util.exec.RuntimeExecBootstrapBean] Bootstrap command failed:
Execution result:
   command:    "soffice" "-accept=socket,host=localhost,port=8100;urp;StarOffice.ServiceManager" "-env:UserInstallation=file://oouser" -nologo -headless -nofirststartwizard -nocrashrep -norestore
   succeeded:  false
   exit code:  2
   out:
   err:        java.io.IOException: "soffice": not found
16:30:04,423 User:System ERROR [web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.lucene.ADMLuceneIndexerImpl.createDocuments(ADMLuceneIndexerImpl.java:709)
        at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.lucene.AbstractLuceneIndexerImpl.indexImpl(AbstractLuceneIndexerImpl.java:632)
        at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.lucene.AbstractLuceneIndexerImpl.indexImpl(AbstractLuceneIndexerImpl.java:657)
        at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.lucene.AbstractLuceneIndexerImpl.flushPending(AbstractLuceneIndexerImpl.java:789)
        at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.lucene.ADMLuceneIndexerImpl.doPrepare(ADMLuceneIndexerImpl.java:1438)
        at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.lucene.AbstractLuceneIndexerImpl.prepare(AbstractLuceneIndexerImpl.java:472)
        at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.lucene.AbstractLuceneIndexerAndSearcherFactory.prepare(AbstractLuceneIndexerAndSearcherFactory.java:754)
        at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.AlfrescoTransactionSupport$TransactionSynchronizationImpl.beforeCommit(AlfrescoTransactionSupport.java:661)
        at org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionSynchronizationUtils.triggerBeforeCommit(TransactionSynchronizationUtils.java:48)
        at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.triggerBeforeCommit(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:835)
        at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.processCommit(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:645)
        at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.commit(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:632)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.commitTransactionAfterReturning(TransactionAspectSupport.java:314)
        at org.alfresco.util.transaction.SpringAwareUserTransaction.commit(SpringAwareUserTransaction.java:431)
        at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:308)
        at org.alfresco.repo.descriptor.DescriptorServiceImpl.onBootstrap(DescriptorServiceImpl.java:223)
        at org.alfresco.util.AbstractLifecycleBean.onApplicationEvent(AbstractLifecycleBean.java:62)
        at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster$1.run(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:77)
        at org.springframework.core.task.SyncTaskExecutor.execute(SyncTaskExecutor.java:49)
        at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.multicastEvent(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:75)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.publishEvent(AbstractApplicationContext.java:246)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:355)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:244)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:187)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3827)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4343)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:823)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:595)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeployer.java:277)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:832)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:617)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:431)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:968)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:349)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1091)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:789)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1083)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:478)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:480)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2313)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:556)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:284)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:422)
Dec 18, 2008 4:30:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Dec 18, 2008 4:30:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context startup failed due to previous errors

I'm assuming that the openoffice error can be ignored (I don't need OO), but I've included it anyway. Alfresco is initialising the MySQL database (I can see that all the tables have been created), and it has created folders in the data directory (/opt/alfresco-data in my case). However, it fails at the above step.

Note that this is a clean installation of Alfresco, the only configuration I've done is to point it at MySQL (on a different machine) and configure the data directory. I've copied the contents of the extensions directory from the installation tgz to /opt/tomcat5/shared/classes/alfresco, and have copied alfresco.war into /opt/tomcat5/webapps.

I haven't done anything with the contents of the endorsed directory (the jars already seem to be in /opt/tomcat5/common/endorsed, with the same file sizes) or the share.war (I'm not planning on using share).

FWIW, I've got the full standalone install working okay (enough to confirm that WCM in Linux is finally fixed, yay!), but don't really have the capacity to run yet another tomcat instance.

Thanks,
Sam.

Outcomes