AnsweredAssumed Answered

Installing Alfresco Enterprise 2.1 w/ JBoss on Mac OS X

Question asked by unknown-user on Sep 18, 2007
Latest reply on Sep 21, 2007 by kevinr
I'm installing Alfresco 2.1 Enterprise on Mac OS X, for the first time.  I did a quick install of the 2.0 community tomcat bundle previously, with great ease.  However, all of the installation documentation seems to be out of date/inaccurate with regard to JBoss, which is our planned production app server.  There don't appear to be any JBoss bundles in either the 2.1 or 2.0.x download areas (only Tomcat bundles), despite those bundles being referenced by both the "Welcome/Support" e-mail, and the Installation Guide PDF (which apparently hasn't been updated since the 2.0 candidate releases).

Since the documentation seems to recommend using the installer, and there was no Mac-specific installer, I downloaded the Linux installer from the Alfresco repository (AlfrescoEnterprise-2.1.0-Linux-x86-Install).  However, there doesn't appear to be any way to run/install this binary.  It does not appear to be encoded, and won't execute directly from the command line.  Perhaps it requires a Linux installation mechanism like rpm package installation (I'm no linux expert), but that is not apparent.

So, at the moment, it seems my only option is to install JBoss separately, and then drop in the Alfresco WAR.  If there's a simpler way, I'd very much appreciate someone pointing it out to me.  Thank you!

- Josh

Outcomes