AnsweredAssumed Answered

New role that allows checkout, but not checkin of content

Question asked by afrankel on Jan 6, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 20, 2009 by afrankel
Hello,

I created a space called "SSS", and I would like all users in group_SSS to be able to create new content, as well as be able to check out content created by other users.  Only the owner of an object should be able to edit an object, and to checkin other users modifications.

In order to do that, I modified the file permissionDefinitions.xml  to add new role ModifyOwn :

<permissionSet type="cm:cmobject" expose="selected">
    …
      <permissionGroup name="ModifyOwn" allowFullControl="false" expose="true" >
         <includePermissionGroup permissionGroup="Contributor" type="cm:cmobject" />
         <includePermissionGroup type="cm:lockable" permissionGroup="CheckOut"/>
      </permissionGroup>

<permissionSet type="cm:content" expose="selected">
    …
      <permissionGroup name="ModifyOwn" extends="true" expose="true"/>

<permissionSet type="cm:folder" expose="selected">
    …
      <permissionGroup name="ModifyOwn" extends="true" expose="true"/>

As you can see, I based my new role ModifyOwn on Contributor, plus I added the CheckOut permissions.
I restarted alfresco.  As admin,  I added to group_SSS the role $$ModifyOwn$$ to space SSS.

However, a user in group_SSS seems to behave like a Contributor, ie it can modify its own objects but can't check out other user's object. 

Could you please let me know what did I do wrong, or is there another way I should do this?

Thank You,

Andras

I run Alfresco-Labs-3c on Linux.

Outcomes