AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco does not shutdown properly

Question asked by simon on Oct 8, 2007
Latest reply on Nov 14, 2007 by tschiller
Alfresco,

We stop / backup / start Alfresco on a daily base on 4 different servers running 2.1 Community, Enterprise 1.4.1 and Enterprise 1.4.3 all on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and "sometimes" Alfresco refuses to shutdown the way it should. We run Alfresco with Tomcat as available on the Alfresco website, no portal integration or other fancy stuff.

This problem is not new (had this with previous Alfresco versions as well) and it's not always consistant. When it happens Alfresco stops (web client not available anymore) and the shutdown output seems normal BUT the process is still running.

If this happens and I ran the 'alfresco.sh stop' command I tried to run the same command again which tells:
SEVERE: Catalina.stop:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
It's the same error as if you would run the 'alfresco.sh stop' 2x without delay.

Has anyone seen this behavior or any idea when this could happen? First I thought it had something to do with the shutdown while Alfresco was syncing with LDAP but this doesn't seem the problem. Maybe when someone is uploading a document or keeping a CIFS connection open? I have no idea…

Any hints or hooks could help, thanks!

Outcomes