AnsweredAssumed Answered

irregular occuring error (likely authentication)

Question asked by tim-erwin on Oct 14, 2007
Hello everybody,

I've got a strange error that occurs from time to time. I've built a small webapp with web-services. Therefor, I implemented a CallbackHandler to provide the ticket saved in the session context. That works fine, at least in most of the cases. I login (receive a ticket and save it) and list all sub-directories (repositoryService.get(…)) of some directory, company_home for example. When I refresh (in the Browser) multiple times (not too fast) it gives me this stack:

java.lang.NullPointerException
   org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:101)
   org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:216)
   org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784)
   org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767)
   org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443)
   org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)
   org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)
   org.alfresco.webservice.repository.RepositoryServiceSoapBindingStub.get(RepositoryServiceSoapBindingStub.java:1078)
   de.company.RepositoryBrowser.listDirectory(RepositoryBrowser.java:36)
   de.company.RepositoryBrowser.listDirectory(RepositoryBrowser.java:19)
   de.company.servlets.Browse.doGet(Browse.java:26)
   javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
   javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

Any further refreshing does not help getting it away. Moving back in browser history does, I get back to the previous directory I browsed to and than - surprise - get list the previous directory again (the one that caused the error).

I read somewhere that you can switch the repository to debug mode. Where can I do that?

:?:  :?:  :?: Okay… as of writing this I'm not able to reproduce this error anymore. Good on the one hand. Scaring on the other. So, this entry is solved, officially. Still: how can I enable debug mode? And is the approach with the CallbackHandler correct?

Regards,
Tim

Outcomes