AnsweredAssumed Answered

Database and filesystem synchronization - reindexing questio

Question asked by johnwalsh on Oct 18, 2007
Latest reply on Dec 8, 2011 by lachmac
Greetings,

I'm deploying Alfresco and MySQL in an environment where only a remote data store is trusted for backups. The base plan is to use a ReplicatingContentStore and write a new ContentStore implementation for the remote data store to back up the file system, and to have a backup MySQL database that we take off line regularly and backup to the remote store. The issue is that, on crash recovery, the file system backup will almost certainly be newer than the database recovery.

The Alfresco wiki (http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Replication, section titled Content Store Recovery) suggests that reindexing the repository will fix the case where the database thinks there's a node that is no longer on the file system. I attempted to do this by setting index.recovery.mode to FULL in repository.properties. I see the 10 messages like "15:04:14,312 INFO  [node.index.FullIndexRecoveryComponent]      10 % complete." on restart, but the node without filesystem content is still visible to the user. Am I supposed to be reindexing the repository when, in reality, I'm only reindexing the lucene indexes?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Outcomes