AnsweredAssumed Answered

Backup/Restore/DB issue

Question asked by edk on Feb 4, 2009
Latest reply on Feb 25, 2009 by derek
Currently we have a small Alfresco installation with some documents…. but because:
  1. It wasn't created from svn source

2. It runs under Tomcat and not JBoss
I want to migrate the content from an Alfresco installation from Labs 3 Final running on Tomcat/MySQL 5.0.24-standard to JBoss 4.2.3.GA/MySQL 5.0.67. To backup to running Alfresco, I stopped the program, dumped the database, and backed up the alf_dir directory - as instructed by http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Backup_and_Restore .

Now the problem is restoring the content on the new server. I get the following error:
14:12:30,110 INFO  [STDOUT] 14:12:30,110  INFO  [domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] Schema managed by database dialect org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLInnoDBDialect.
14:14:31,018 INFO  [STDOUT] 14:14:31,014  ERROR [domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] Schema auto-update failed org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: A previous schema upgrade failed or was not completed.  Revert to the original database before attempting the upgrade again.
        at org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap.onBootstrap(SchemaBootstrap.java:1136)
        at org.alfresco.util.AbstractLifecycleBean.onApplicationEvent(AbstractLifecycleBean.java:62)
        at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster$1.run(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:77)
        at org.springframework.core.task.SyncTaskExecutor.execute(SyncTaskExecutor.java:49)
        at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.multicastEvent(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:75)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.publishEvent(AbstractApplicationContext.java:246)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:355)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:244)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:187)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3856)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4361)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:790)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:770)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:553)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
Node the two minute delay, I dropped and reloaded the database backup before this run

My questions are:
  1. Is the backup procedure correct?

2. Is there more logging that could shed some light on this?

Outcomes