AnsweredAssumed Answered

Really strange behaviour while searching

Question asked by alarocca on Nov 6, 2007
Latest reply on Nov 14, 2007 by alarocca
I created my custom model with a text field which value can be selected by a list (by means of constraints). All works as expected except the search. This is what happens:

- Add a PDF, selecting my custom model as document type, and from the options list I choose "Specialties"
- Immediately, execute a search for my-custom-field equals to "Specialties" and it works.
- After few seconds (usually between 0 and 15), the same search do not provide any result. The same test I did using API and search features.
- Further I still cand find that document appending the asterisk to the search string,

String query = "@oes\\:productRequestBusiness:Specialties*";

If I update the document, without chancing any data, for few seconds it is again searchable without the asterisk.

This happens only with PDF and XLS, no problem with DOC and PPT. Seems to be an issue related to the indexing feature.

I had this problem with Alfresco 2.1 on Windows 2003 and MSSQL Server. I will try to reproduce it with MySQL or HSQLDB.

Outcomes