AnsweredAssumed Answered

More complex web forms?

Question asked by dotcombubble on Feb 19, 2009
Latest reply on Feb 23, 2009 by scottf
Hi,
I'm using the trial version of v3 on XP and have searched the forms and wiki here now for a few days. I've stepped through the WCM tutorial successfully and now want to experiment with my own web forms.

What I want to do is create 5 - 10 web forms for my large site. These forms will allow the contributors to add almost any type of content (txt, jpg, flash video, links etc), even chunks of html, to my site. (The main difference between the forms will be the layout e.g. one may have a banner ad across the top, with a few text paragraphs below. Another may have a small banner in the top left with text paragraphs wrapped beside and below. Another may just be a large area where HTML can be added). These forms should almost be content agnostic i.e. they don't care what type of content the user want to place in a particular part of the page layout, if it fits then that's fine). Alfresco will then render this content into html or a jsp page, which my display framework will then take care of.

From what I've read this seems entirely feasible, however the problem is I can't find much in the way of support (documentation, example, samples etc.) Yes I've seen all the wiki documentation about authoring forms etc, but as I'm new to this I'm still having trouble getting things going. I've searched the forums and can find some parts of posts or threads that are relevant but not enough to answer my queries fully enough to get me off the ground.

Obviously I could dive in further with more specifics but I don't want this post to be too long ;)

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Are there some full examples or samples I can work with that are more complex than the sample site supplied with the download?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes