AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need help with Alfresco 2.0 and Liferay 4.3.x

Question asked by schoony99 on Nov 29, 2007
Latest reply on Feb 5, 2008 by bdevore
I have previously created a similar post, but now have new information so I am re-posting.

My Setup:  We are currently running Liferay 4.2.1 + Alfresco 2.0 + CAS for Single Sign On + Fedora Directory Server. Everything works fine.

My Intention:  I need to upgrade Liferay to the new version, currently 4.3.4.  I am performing this upgrade in a test environment with a test LDAP server.

My Problem:  The upgrade to the new version of Liferay breaks the connection between Liferay and Alfresco as far as user accounts go. For instance, in the Liferay 4.2.1 database the "userid" field had a value like "smurray". My account in Alfresco also had the username "smurray", so when I logged into Liferay with the user "smurray" everything worked correctly in both Liferay and Alfresco.

After the upgrade, however, when I login with the username "smurray", Alfresco believes that I am user "187", so my Alfresco spaces, content, etc. is missing for user "187". If I query the Liferay database, I see that the "userid" field now has numerical values (example: 187), and that these values correspond to a "screenname" which contains the values I expected (example: smurray) in the userid field.  This is do to a change in Liferay's code in versions 4.3.x.

To Summarize: In Liferay 4.3.x, the values that were in the field "userid" have moved to the field "screenname". The field "userid" now contains automatically generated numerical values. Alfresco is still looking for it's credentials from the field "userid", but I need it to be looking at "screenname".  

What I believe the solution would be: I somehow need Alfresco to now grab the value of "screenname" instead of "userid".  Is this possible? And if so, is there anyone out there that can help me do it?

Thanks everyone for you help!

Outcomes