AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to use updateProperties

Question asked by dranakan on Mar 2, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 16, 2009 by hpalma
Hello,

I would like to update the properties to a node with the webscript updateProperties. Can you give me an example of the URL ?
I have tried differents syntax but there dont work… :(

Thanks

Found on : http://localhost:8080/alfresco/service/index/all

—————————————————————————————————————————————————
Update properties (updateProperties) PUT /alfresco/service/api/node/{store_type}/{store_id}/{id}
PUT /alfresco/service/api/path/{store_type}/{store_id}/{id}

This service updates properties of the specified object. As per the data model, content-streams are not properties

Inputs:

ID objectId
(Optional) String changeToken
Collection propertyCollection - Subset list of Properties to update

Outputs:

ID objectId

Notes:

Preserves the ID of the object
Subset of properties: Properties not specified in this list are not changed
To remove a property, specify property with no value
If an attempt is made to update a read-only property, throw ConstraintViolationException.
If a ChangeToken is provided by the repository when the object is retrieved, the change token MUST be included as-is when calling updateProperties.
For Multi-Value properties, the whole list of values MUST be provided on every update.
Use getAllowableActions to identify whether older version specified by ID is updatable.
If this is a private working copy, some repositories may not support updates.
Because repositories MAY automatically create new Document Versions on a user’s behalf, the objectId returned may not match the one provided as an input to this method.

Authentication: user
Transaction: required
Format Style: argument
Default Format: atomentry

Id: org/alfresco/repository/store/item.put
Descriptor: classpath:alfresco/templates/webscripts/org/alfresco/repository/store/item.put.desc.xml

Outcomes