AnsweredAssumed Answered

WCM XForms Submit

Question asked by mpetty on Mar 11, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 12, 2009 by mpetty
I have a simple XForm that was created using Eclipse and the "Visual XForms Designer".  When the submit button is pressed it just writes out an xml file via xforms-submit and post.  This is all fine and dandy and works in a non-Alfresco environment.

What do I have to alter to get the form to save this xml file to somewhere inside of Alfresco?  I've moved the schema and xhtml file into a couple of different places in Alfresco, tried to create web projects from it, put it in the data dictionary->webforms area and so on and so forth.  After a couple of hours wandering the wiki and google, I still haven't found a solution that works.  So, what's supposed to be done in situations like this?

I've tried a number pf post and put methods and I just haven't found the magic string to allow me to post a document into Alfresco's repository.  I understand that I may need to create a webscript, but I imagine that such functionality is built into Alfresco.  Can't I just post to a script or something?  What's the syntax look like for that?

I'm not opposed to re-making the forms, but I just can't shake the feeling that I'm missing something incredibly simple here.  Any help would be appreciated.  I just need a simple xform that's inside of alresco that when the user hits submit saves an xml inside of Alfresco also.

Outcomes