AnsweredAssumed Answered

Not getting started

Question asked by rogerp on Mar 12, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 25, 2009 by amatesi
Hi,

Q1: (Sorry, I had to edit my earlier post)
Using the main (i.e. full) Linux installer, I got (after a bit of persuasion) Alfresco Labs 3 running on top of Derby. Having followed the instructions about wiring in MySQL database support, I see that Alf has created the requisite tables in MySQL. When Alf starts up, I get no errors in the alfersco.log file..

When I load the page in a browser, the alfresco.log file gets an error that begins with:
11:34:49,411 ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.content.transform.magick.AbstractImageMagickContentTransformer] ImageMagickContentTransformer not available: Failed to perform ImageMagick transformation: 
Execution result:
   command:    [/usr/local/bin/convert, /home/sedlaptop1/Alfresco/tomcat/temp/Alfresco/ImageMagickContentTransformer_init_source_7124.gif, /home/sedlaptop1/Alfresco/tomcat/temp/Alfresco/ImageMagickContentTransformer_init_target_7125.png]
   succeeded:  false
   exit code:  1
   out:       
   err:        Cannot run program "/usr/local/bin/convert": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
11:34:51,500 INFO  [org.alfresco.config.xml.XMLConfigService$PropertyConfigurer] Loading properties file from class path resource [alfresco/file-servers.properties]
11:34:55,648 ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.content.transform.RuntimeExecutableContentTransformer] Failed to start a runtime executable content transformer:
Execution result:
   command:    [/home/sedlaptop1/Alfresco/bin/pdf2swf, -V]
   succeeded:  false
   exit code:  1
   out:       
   err:        Cannot run program "/home/sedlaptop1/Alfresco/bin/pdf2swf": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
11:35:01,288 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] Schema managed by database dialect org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLInnoDBDialect.
11:35:01,688 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] No changes were made to the schema.
11:35:07,606 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker] The Alfresco root data directory ('dir.root') is: /home/sedlaptop1/Alfresco/alf_data
11:35:07,651 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: The store 'avm://sitestore' has a duplicate root node entry.
   at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker.check(ConfigurationChecker.java:268)
The main culprit being
The store 'avm://sitestore' has a duplicate root node entry.
Under Derby, I had no such problem. I notice in the A/fresco/alf_data/lucene-indexes/avm/sitestore folder there are TWO folders, with long HEX names containing three files. – can someone tell me what this means and how I correct it? (localhost:8080/alfresco gives a 404 error.)

Q2:
If I go to localhost:8080/share/page/site-index I get the login but I haven't a clue what the username and password is. (I have tried admin/admin).  When Alf was running on top of Derby I changed the admin password (from Alfresco) but this new password doesn't work in Share either. Please tell me what to do.

Comments:
I don't know why the installation manual says you get a choice of database when you install. I certainly didn't. I am not convinced that the Open Office step during install worked either but I haven't got as far as testing it.

I tried installing under Glassfish v2 but gave up. GF is supposed to be a JEE reference implementation, I don't have the time to sort out the overrides to get Alf to work. Perhaps there's a definitive "Installing under Glassfish" somewhere, because the instructions in the manual didn't do it for me. The only point I can see of using GF over Tomcat is the control of database connections (e.g. pooling), so I'm not too bothered about using Tomcat.

Many thanks,

Roger

Outcomes