AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using Alfresco to host external project data

Question asked by russgreen on Mar 15, 2009
I want to start hosting a simple extranet solution to share design information between remore team members across a range of projects.  I think (hope) Alfresco can do the job bu  I t I could use some pointers as it wasn't completeley clear how to get this working.

I've already installed the software on a windows 2003 server with a MySQL database to I'm eager to get going.

What I want to achieve:

There will be mutliple projects each with the same common format of sub-folders for documents to be stored. e.g
\Project1"
\Project1\Budget
\Project1\Construction Management
\Project1\Drawings
\Project1\Drawings\Architectural
\Project1\Drawings\Electrical
\Project1\Drawings\Landscape
\Project1\Drawings\Lighting
\Project1\Drawings\Mechanical
\Project1\Drawings\Plumbing
\Project1\Drawings\Structural
\Project1\Job Camera
\Project1\Links to Web Sites
\Project1\Meeting Minutes
\Project1\Plan Check
\Project1\Plot Files
\Project1\Renderings
\Project1\RFIs
\Project1\Schedules
\Project1\Specifications
\Project1\Submittals
\Project1\Transmittals

Consultants, Clients, Contractors and Sub-contractors will have the ability to login and have permission to view only projects they are members of.

Consultants will be able to 'issue' design information with various workflows:
- preliminary issue….only consultants and clients can see documents
- issue for approval….issue to team but client / project manager marks document as APPROVED.
- issue for construction…..issue document so that the main contractor cans see the document
- onward issue….main contract can review information and choose to issue it so that sub-contractors can review information…..this may just be a permission to view type attribute change or copying the document to another location.

Projects should also have calendars / programs, tasks, address books, Requests for Information and Change Orders
Can I prevent documents from being deleted to maintain a full history and audit trail.
Can the document versions be letters rather than numbers? 
Should each project be a web project or a space?

Outcomes