AnsweredAssumed Answered

Which WS/API is best for my use case?

Question asked by syberyan on Mar 16, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 20, 2009 by syberyan
Hi,

As an alfresco newbie, I'm looking for some advice on the following.
I've been asked to test-drive alfresco as a CMS system, which went great so far. The next step would be to see if the alfresco repository can be integrated with our marketing platform to store digital assets.
The repository would need to be accessed remotely via some WS or other API, preferably an industry standard like JCR-RMI or CMIS. The client is a java (web) application.

So I've been looking at all the available options: The alfresco repository WS API, the CMIS WS API, the CMIS REST API and JCR-RMI.
My experience so far with CMIS is that it seems very premature, there is also very few documentation and examples available. I've been experimenting a bit with the REST api, but can't figure (yet) out how to upload larger binary files (I based myself on this post: http://forums.alfresco.com/en/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=15438) Is that at all possible?

What would be the right choice here? My feeling for now is that Alfresco repository WS API seems best suited… but I don't get the complete picture yet. I'm also quite new to all this web service stuff.

Any advice would be very welcome,
thanks,

Chris

Outcomes