AnsweredAssumed Answered

'No row with the given identifier exists' when updating file

Question asked by paavo on Mar 18, 2009
I am trying to update a .jar file in a web project. On one machine the update goes through with no problems. On another one with the same Alfresco version (a compile of an SVN snapshot with some small customizations: two new workflows, some javascript fixes and some changes to .properties files) and copies of the alf_data directory and the MySQL database from the first machine, the update breaks the directory where I'm trying to update the file.

When I upload the new version of the file, instead of returning me to the directory listing, I am again at the upload page where I would select the file to upload. When I return to the directory listing, the directory is empty and opening modified items for the web project just gives me an error.

I understand that using an SVN snapshot is risky, and it having been customized, there's probably not much you are willing to do to help. But if someone could maybe give me some idea where to start looking to find the problem, I can try to fix it myself. I can't understand why it would work on another machine and not on another.

Here's the traceback from the Alfresco log file I get when trying to view modified items (Nothing shows up in the log when I upload the file):

org.hibernate.ObjectNotFoundException: No row with the given identifier exists: [org.alfresco.repo.avm.AVMNodeImpl#38602]
   at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl$1.handleEntityNotFound(SessionFactoryImpl.java:375)
   at org.hibernate.proxy.AbstractLazyInitializer.checkTargetState(AbstractLazyInitializer.java:79)
   at org.hibernate.proxy.AbstractLazyInitializer.initialize(AbstractLazyInitializer.java:68)
   at org.hibernate.proxy.AbstractLazyInitializer.getImplementation(AbstractLazyInitializer.java:111)
   at org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.cglib.CGLIBLazyInitializer.invoke(CGLIBLazyInitializer.java:140)
   at org.alfresco.repo.avm.FileNode$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$95cd656f.getType(<generated>)
   at org.alfresco.repo.avm.LayeredDirectoryNodeImpl.getListing(LayeredDirectoryNodeImpl.java:457)
   at org.alfresco.repo.avm.AVMStoreImpl.getListing(AVMStoreImpl.java:651)
   at org.alfresco.repo.avm.AVMRepository.getListing(AVMRepository.java:1107)
   at org.alfresco.repo.avm.AVMServiceImpl.getDirectoryListing(AVMServiceImpl.java:194)
   at org.alfresco.repo.avm.AVMServiceImpl.getDirectoryListing(AVMServiceImpl.java:172)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor492.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
   at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:296)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:177)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)
   at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.SingleEntryTransactionResourceInterceptor.invokeInternal(SingleEntryTransactionResourceInterceptor.java:163)
   at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.SingleEntryTransactionResourceInterceptor.invoke(SingleEntryTransactionResourceInterceptor.java:138)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:166)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
   at $Proxy2.getDirectoryListing(Unknown Source)
   at org.alfresco.repo.avm.AVMLockingAwareService.getDirectoryListing(AVMLockingAwareService.java:308)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor492.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:296)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:177)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)
   at org.alfresco.repo.search.AVMSnapShotTriggeredIndexingMethodInterceptor.invoke(AVMSnapShotTriggeredIndexingMethodInterceptor.java:153)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:166)
   at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.CheckTransactionAdvice.invoke(CheckTransactionAdvice.java:52)
   at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionAdvice$1.execute(RetryingTransactionAdvice.java:70)
   at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:294)
   at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionAdvice.invoke(RetryingTransactionAdvice.java:73)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
   at $Proxy2.getDirectoryListing(Unknown Source)
   at org.alfresco.web.bean.wcm.AVMBrowseBean.buildDirectoryNodes(AVMBrowseBean.java:1127)
   at org.alfresco.web.bean.wcm.AVMBrowseBean.getFolders(AVMBrowseBean.java:1086)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   at org.apache.myfaces.el.PropertyResolverImpl.getProperty(PropertyResolverImpl.java:457)
   at org.apache.myfaces.el.PropertyResolverImpl.getValue(PropertyResolverImpl.java:85)
   at org.apache.myfaces.el.ELParserHelper$MyPropertySuffix.evaluate(ELParserHelper.java:535)
   at org.apache.commons.el.ComplexValue.evaluate(ComplexValue.java:145)
   at org.apache.myfaces.el.ValueBindingImpl.getValue(ValueBindingImpl.java:386)
   at org.alfresco.web.ui.common.component.data.UIRichList.getValue(UIRichList.java:157)
   at org.alfresco.web.ui.common.component.data.UIRichList.getDataModel(UIRichList.java:511)
   at org.alfresco.web.ui.common.component.data.UIRichList.bind(UIRichList.java:454)
   at org.alfresco.web.ui.common.renderer.data.RichListRenderer.encodeChildren(RichListRenderer.java:84)
   at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeChildren(UIComponentBase.java:527)
   at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.encodeChildren(UIComponentTag.java:483)
   at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.doEndTag(UIComponentTag.java:364)
   at org.apache.jsp.jsp.wcm.browse_002dsandbox_jsp._jspx_meth_a_005frichList_005f0(browse_002dsandbox_jsp.java:2089)
   at org.apache.jsp.jsp.wcm.browse_002dsandbox_jsp._jspx_meth_a_005fpanel_005f5(browse_002dsandbox_jsp.java:2000)
   at org.apache.jsp.jsp.wcm.browse_002dsandbox_jsp._jspService(browse_002dsandbox_jsp.java:724)
   at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:98)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
   at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:328)
   at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:315)
   at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:691)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:469)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:403)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:301)
   at org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.ServletExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ServletExternalContextImpl.java:419)
   at org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.renderView(JspViewHandlerImpl.java:211)
   at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RenderResponseExecutor.execute(RenderResponseExecutor.java:41)
   at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:132)
   at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:140)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
   at org.alfresco.web.app.servlet.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:81)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:210)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
   at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
   at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)
   at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:870)
   at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
   at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
   at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
   at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:685)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Outcomes