AnsweredAssumed Answered

A Plethora of Alfresco Issues

Question asked by leetcharmer on Mar 18, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 20, 2009 by leetcharmer
Hello,

I've just begun testing Alfresco Enterprise Edition with the 30-day trial.  I've created an admin account and have played with the interface of both Share and the Document Management System.  Great stuff, but I need more.  On a blank slate, there are a few things that I need:

1) CIFS access
2) Active Directory Support

I have a computer called PSK-PC that I am testing this on and I can easily access \\psk-pcA … BUT out of the box, this requires user authentication.  I do not have a username and password that can gain me access.  So I decided to follow the documentation on Alfresco Labs 3 Stable (I couldn't find documentation on Enterprise 3.0.1) and edited a lot of xml files.  I ended up creating users in my Active Directory: alfrescocifs and alfrescohttp but don't know if they work as they should.  At the end of that journey, it broke my alfresco logon (unless I commend out the code I added in the web.xml file).  In the end, this allowed me gain access to psk-pcA without being prompted for access, but all I see is "Printers" inside of the share – this does not reflect any of my Spaces.

Should I start over?  Can anyone give me advice as I try this again?

Thanks,
–John Jelinek IV

Outcomes