AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem installing on Ubuntu 7.10

Question asked by a_weed096 on Jan 8, 2008
Latest reply on Feb 5, 2008 by mfuggle
I am having some trouble installing 2.1.0 on my Ubuntu 7.10 system. I would like to start off by saying that I am new to both Alfresco and Linux. I am in Highschool and I am trying to get this to run for a school project.

I found the guide on wiki.alfresco.com for installing Alfresco the "linux way", and I did my best to follow it. I got all the applications downloaded and installed, added the java line, created the alfresco user and group, i ran tar -xzf alfresco-community-tomcat-2.1.0.tar.gz in the opt folder, ran the commands in the mysql command line, created the directories and changed the owners, and I created and changed the files in the extension folder. I followed everything to the letter up until this point. After this, I had trouble with the directions however.

I could not find where in files-servers-custom.xml to configure what I was told to configure. I was able to remove the /opt/alfresco/tomcat/logs and linked the other two files. After this however I was unable to find the file to configure the Alfresco logging. I then wrote and got the init file in place. When I tried to run the init file, the terminal gave me a lot of negative feedback and I was not able to browse to http://localhost:8080/alfresco.

I am not sure whether or not the steps I missed would effect the program dramatically enough to keep it from running. Any insight on how to get the program running would be appreciated.

I would like to add that I found a different guide on wiki.alfresco that told me an easier way to install. I had to use Alfresco 1.3 to get this method to work. I did get 1.3 to boot the first time, but after that the program would no longer run. I don't know if that helps or not, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Outcomes