AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco fails to start due to invalid index backups

Question asked by dmigowski on Mar 23, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 27, 2009 by xandejps
Hi, together.

I am using the first Alfresco 3.0 final release with PostgreSQL as the backend. All my installations, if fresh or upgraded from v2.1 have a problem to be restartet after running for over a night. The reason are invalid backup indexes. If I delete the whole "backup-lucene-indexes" directory before restart, everything is fine again.

I could nail to the problem to the folder "versionStore", which is also present in the "lucene-indexes" folder and as such gets copied to the backup. If I delete this folder, it is recreated after some time (some days?), and starts to nag em again.

The relevant part of the error message in the log is this:

2009-03-21 09:10:10,027 [Thread-1] ERROR org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/alfresco] - Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.alfresco.web.app.ContextListener
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'luceneIndexBackupComponent' defined in class path resource [alfresco/core-services-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Existing index backup does not look like the expected structure. It constains a directory with a name that does not match a store protocol D:\AlfrescoData\backup-lucene-indexes\versionStore
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Existing index backup does not look like the expected structure. It constains a directory with a name that does not match a store protocol D:\AlfrescoData\backup-lucene-indexes\versionStore
   at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.lucene.AbstractLuceneIndexerAndSearcherFactory$LuceneIndexBackupComponent$2.execute(AbstractLuceneIndexerAndSearcherFactory.java:1452)
   at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:320)

Any ideas what i can do except disabling the lucene backup completly?

Outcomes