AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco Session Clustering on OC4J instance

Question asked by raaj on Jan 10, 2008
Latest reply on Jan 28, 2008 by sunfriend
As described in the HA doc provided,  that client session replication is not supported by alfresco.

What does that mean? Does it mean, that client session replication cannot be reached even if the application server(oc4j) generally supports it- eg. oc4j instance cluster supports session replication , and as far as I know it is enough all the sessions items implement Serializable. I consider session replication a major feature of HA solution, because without this fail-over cannot be reached if one node fails, or at least is significantly restricted. Considering this, does it have sense at all to have the environment clustered at application server level with the all features it provides in addition to alfresco application level?
I mean, if eg. for the solution "Sticky Client Sessions with Simple Repository Clustering" does it have sense to have "Web Server A" and "Web Server B" as cluster nodes from OC4J point of view…

We have tied to achive it </distribute> tag in web.xml of alfresco but  didn't work out.

Kindly suggest, how do we achive it?

Outcomes