AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem installing Alfresco 2.9.0B in Ubuntu Server 6.0

Question asked by jlabuelo on Jan 14, 2008
Good Afternoon

I would like to share my experience installing this new AlfrescoCommunity-2.9.0B distribution in my Ubunto 6.0 Linux server.

I have downloaded and installed from sourceforge the install package for linux 'AlfrescoCommunity-2.9.0B-Linux-x86-Install'. The parent directory where I have isntalled the package is /opt/Alfresco.

Right after getting the package installed I found this errors when I tried to lauch the alfresco application.

Step1) In the file alfresco.sh the variable $ALF_HOME is set to ""ALFRESCO_DIR"". My asumption was that this variable should be set in the Install Wizard.

Step2) In the file start_oo.sh the variable ""ALFRESCO_DIR"" and also refers to a directory in the Alfresco directory called 'openoffice.org2.1', but in the folder structure under the Alfresco parent directory, I find the directory 'openoffice'

Step3) After changing the openoffice directory and the alfresco directory variables in alfresco.sh and start_oo.sh, got a problem as the files under /opt/Alfresco/openoffice/program are only with rights rw-r–r–. I have changed them to rwxr-x-r–. I was assuming that this should be performed by the wizar also.

Step4) I have tried then to launch the alfresco application "sudo ./alfresco.sh"… but got this error message:
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /opt/Alfresco/tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /opt/Alfresco/tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/Alfresco/tomcat/temp
Using JRE_HOME:       /opt/Alfresco/java
Starting OpenOffice service…
jlabuelo@Alfresco-Server:/opt/Alfresco$ [Java framework] Error in function createUserSettingsDocument (elements.cxx).javaldx failed!
[Java framework] Error in function createUserSettingsDocument (elements.cxx).

And from here I am not able to start the Alfresco system in Linux Ubuntu 6.0.6.

I did not install the MT extensions, as I did not know if they would be installed with the wizar also, or should be manually installed  and enabled by me.

Could you please check if the steps I am following are the correct ones and guide me through a correct installation?

Thanks a lot

Outcomes