AnsweredAssumed Answered

dir.root error message not right?

Question asked by wojtek2009 on Mar 26, 2009
Latest reply on Apr 4, 2009 by rliu
I am getting the 'Ensure that the 'dir.root' property is pointing to the correct data location.' error which looks wrong. I am installing Alfresco Labs 3Stable on WinXP.  My custom-repository.properties has

dir.root=D:/Alfresco/alf_data

And yes, there is a D:\Alfresco\alf_data on my WinXP system.

More context: I am configuring Alfresco Labs and the Ingres RDBMS but I am sure that I my jdbc, hibernate and schema setup is correct because I can see the alfresco sessions on the Ingres RDBMS.  So I don't think this is the cause of the problem.

I am also running with index.recovery.mode=FULL, with an empty lucene-indexes directory which gets regenerated as expected. 

The tomcat startup log shows:

[size=85]26-Mar-2009 12:42:52 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Set web app root system property: 'webapp.root' = [D:\Alfresco\tomcat\webapps\alfresco\]
26-Mar-2009 12:42:52 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
26-Mar-2009 12:44:43 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: Ensure that the 'dir.root' property is pointing to the correct data location.
   at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker.check(ConfigurationChecker.java:312[/size]

So there is a lot of stuff present and correct before this error comes up with a message that looks wrong.

Cheers,
Wojtek

Outcomes