AnsweredAssumed Answered

NoSchemaFound exception when installing on Oracle

Question asked by camozzi on Jan 25, 2008
Hi All,

I have installed Alfresco Enterprise 2.2 on a windows machine and configured it to run with Oracle 9. During the startup process, Hibernate created a slew of tables and saves the sql file, and then promptly breaks.

Here is the section from the log:

14:16:55,317 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] Schema managed by database dialect org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect.
14:16:55,926 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] Executing database script C:\Alfresco\tomcat\temp\Alfresco\AlfrescoSchemaCreate-org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect-55662.sql (Generated).
14:17:06,317 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] Executing database script C:\Alfresco\tomcat\temp\Alfresco\AlfrescoSchemaUpdate-org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect-55663.sql (Copied from classpath:alfresco/dbscripts/create/2.2/org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect/AlfrescoPostCreate-2.2-MappedFKIndexes.sql).
14:17:07,224 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] Executing database script C:\Alfresco\tomcat\temp\Alfresco\AlfrescoSchemaUpdate-org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect-55664.sql (Copied from classpath:alfresco/dbscripts/create/2.2/org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect/AlfrescoPostCreate-2.2-Extra.sql).
14:17:07,380 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] All executed statements written to file C:\Alfresco\tomcat\temp\Alfresco\AlfrescoSchemaUpdate-All_Statements-55665.sql.
14:17:07,396 ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] Schema auto-update failed
org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap$NoSchemaException
   at org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap.countAppliedPatches(SchemaBootstrap.java:333)
   at org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap.checkSchemaPatchScripts(SchemaBootstrap.java:539)
   at org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap.onBootstrap(SchemaBootstrap.java:838)
   at org.alfresco.util.AbstractLifecycleBean.onApplicationEvent(AbstractLifecycleBean.java:62)
   at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster$1.run(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:77)
   at org.springframework.core.task.SyncTaskExecutor.execute(SyncTaskExecutor.java:49)
   at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.multicastEvent(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:75)
   at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.publishEvent(AbstractApplicationContext.java:241)
   at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:349)
   at

The schema is setup on a database that has another Alfresco schema as well. Both schemas have separate names and separate users with their own permissions to their databases. I had to setup the default_schema property from hibernate, as it appears Alfresco notices there is another schema so needs me to specify the one I want.

This startup is able to successfully create tables and indexes in the AlfrescoSchemaUpdates-All_Statements files.

I am so far at a loss as to what could be causing this problem, and am hoping someone on here can provide some insight.

Thanks in advance!

-Jeff Camozzi

Outcomes