AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco aborts startup after exception in webscript init

Question asked by sundance on Jan 28, 2008
Latest reply on Jan 29, 2008 by davidc
I'm a Catch 22, where an Exception thrown during the init of one of my web scripts causes Alfresco to abort after startup, and I can't edit the webscript because I can't run Alfresco now. How can I startup Alfresco without initializing the webscript so that I can edit the webscript? Or otherwise edit the webscript before starting Alfresco? I don't want to lose the data I have in this instance of Alfresco. Please help!

The problem started when I modified the 'Folders' example on the Alfresco Wiki page to use transaction specification "new" rather than "required". I either misspelled 'new' or the enum type for it doesn't exist, as when I start up Alfesco, I get the error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class org.alfresco.web.scripts.WebscriptDescription$RequiredTransaction.new
at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Enum.java:192)
at org.alfresco.web.scripts.WebscriptDescription$RequiredTransaction.valueOf(WebScriptDescription.java:52)

In any case, the enum type for the string I entered is not recognized and the java class doesn't handle it gracefully.

The webscript description causing this is the following, named folder.folder.get.desc.xml:

<webscript>
  <shortname>Folder Listing Sample</shortname>
  <description>Sample demonstrating the listing of folder contents</description>
  <url>/sample/folder/{path}</url>
  <format default="html">argument</format>
  <authentication>guest</authentication>
  <transaction>new</transaction>
</webscript>

Thanks in advance

Outcomes