AnsweredAssumed Answered

Strange and serious re-indexing behaviour

Question asked by atariq on Jan 31, 2008
Latest reply on Feb 12, 2008 by andy
We've recently and strangely been having issues re-indexing our repository and it's had severe problems for the team.

Our repository is stored on another fileserver while the lucene-indexes were stored on the local Alfresco server. In an attempt to rebuild the index, I stopped Alfresco, removed the current lucene-index folder, set the flag in repository.properties appropriately to index.recovery.mode=FULL, and restarted the service.

Under the catalina.out logs I note that the reindexing process gets successfully completed at 100% without any errors. However, Alfresco then refuses to start with the following errors in the logs:

09:54:19,319 INFO  [repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker] The Alfresco root data directory ('dir.root') is: /net/hal/export/alfres
co/alf_data
09:54:19,511 ERROR [repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker] CONTENT INTEGRITY ERROR: Indexes not found for 5 stores.
09:54:19,511 INFO  [repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker] You may set 'index.recovery.mode=FULL' if you need to rebuild the indexe
s.
09:54:19,512 ERROR [repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker] Ensure that the 'dir.root' property is pointing to the correct data loca
tion.
09:54:19,524 ERROR [web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: Ensure that the 'dir.root' property is pointing to the correct data location.
        at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker.check(ConfigurationChecker.java:312)
        at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker.access$000(ConfigurationChecker.java:72)
        at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker$1.execute(ConfigurationChecker.java:178)
        at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:225)
        at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:155)
        at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker.onBootstrap(ConfigurationChecker.java:182)
        at org.alfresco.util.AbstractLifecycleBean.onApplicationEvent(AbstractLifecycleBean.java:62)
        at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster$1.run(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:7
7)
        at org.springframework.core.task.SyncTaskExecutor.execute(SyncTaskExecutor.java:49)
        at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.multicastEvent(SimpleApplicationEventMulticast
er.java:75)

Since I had just rebuilt the index, I was surprised to see an integrity error here. So I naturally decided to see what my lucene-index directory looked like. While previously it was a 2GB+ hefty directory tree, right now it was only 172kb in size and under the lucene-indexes/workspace/SpacesStore I could only see the files, IndexInfo and  IndexInfoBackup as opposed to the whole index.

It's quite serious now as many people can't get to their documents. Help is much appreciated once again!

By the way, for your information, we are running Alfresco 2.1 community on a linux box that is connected to our own MySQL server.

Thanks!

Outcomes